Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A few of my short poems

Anticipation-or not

I thought I was ready to leave the nest, that my wings knew the strokes of the wind, I thought  I knew how to dip,dive and soar,  I thought all I had to do was spread my wings and take that  step of faith,
It wasn't that easy, I would know...
I anticipated to go, but now I just want to hold on...
Life is not the same without you...



My ode to you.... dear mother...
My childhood was the days when you called me for the first time,
It is the day when your anguished screams brought me to life and we could join in one glorious cry... when tears of joy dripped from your cheek unto my bright red little face...
Those first few hours I screamed at the world, it was then when anyone else would have abandoned me when you loved me... you loved me first and held me even when your world fell apart, you have and will always be there. 
With you by my side I could never feel alone, when the darkness threatend to overtake me, you brouht the light into my world, you taught me your values and believes, you introduced me to my best friend and Heavenly Father...
You stood by me through the trails and hardships of life, you taught me how to take care of myself.You taught me to be gracefull and ever gratefull...  you dried my tears and caught me when I fell.
You tought me how to be brave, and how to laugh even if your world is falling down...You are my rolemodel and I'm forever indebted to you... 
This is my ode to you.... dearest mother...

No comments:

Post a Comment